The sixth Thought Leadership Digibate, recently hosted by Aegis Media in conjunction with Bizcommunity.com in Johannesburg, centred around whether social media should be a pillar of a marketing strategy.
Panel of experts
The panel of experts that was moderated by Dawn Rowlands, CEO of Aegis Media Sub-Saharan Africa, included
- Jerome Touze, co-founder, http://www.wayn.com
- Mike Stopforth, CEO, Cerebra
- Dr Sarah Britten – new media & communications strategist
- Uno de Waal, senior social strategist, Trigger Isobar
- Dom O’Brien, head of innovation, Isobar UK.
The panelists noted that more and more businesses are using social media as a part of their daily communications, customer service and operations strategies.
As businesses, the use of social media enables engagement between the brand and the customer on both a marketing and customer service front where real-time response is expected amongst the consumer… Read more